The event is in partnership with the Ian Potter Museum of Art and will focus on the relationship between religion and art in ancient Greece.
Participants will have the chance to view case studies of figured vases from the university’s collection and well as other supplementary materials such as ancient coins and ceramic artifacts to enrich their learning experience.
- Dr Aleksandra Michalewicz, School of Historical and Philosophical Studies, The University of Melbourne
- Dr Heather Graybehl, Adjunct Research Fellow, Centre for Ancient Cultures, Monash University
- Wednesday 24 August: Examining Myths
- Wednesday 31 August: Examining Archaeological Evidence
- Wednesday 7 September: Greek Mythology in Context
- Wednesday 14 September: Archaeological Approaches to Greek Mythology
Cost for Series Pass:
- $190 University of Melbourne Alumni, staff and students, and Ian Potter Museum of Art Members
- $220 Non Alumni, Non Member
For more information please see www.unimelb.edu.au