Calamos Supports Greece
GreekReporter.comGreeceCitizen Service Centers KEP to Renew Driving Licenses

Citizen Service Centers KEP to Renew Driving Licenses

kep centers
Citizen Service Centers, known as KEP, will be able to assist citizens (both Greek and foreigners residing in Greece) in replacing their driving license.
According to a decision published in the Government Gazette, drivers will be able to get new licenses or renew old ones at KEPs, therefore they will no longer have to queue up at the Transport Ministry.
Foreigners living in Greece will be able to exchange the license from their home country at their local KEP if they are from the European Union, USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, South Africa, South Korea or Switzerland.
At KEPs, citizens can be informed on all Public Administration matters and can apply to obtain official documentation from diverse state services. Thus they avoid time-consuming bureaucratic procedures and they can get all the papers they need in one stop.
Citizens can get information by specialised KEP staff on all Public Administration questions. They can submit requests on 420 administrative processes and the staff fills in an electronic application on behalf of the citizen. Then the application is dispatched via the center to the appropriate public service where it is also officially stamped. The KEP staff member follows up the progress of any issuing of official documentation to its conclusion, thus saving citizens from unnecessary trips to public services. Upon completion of the process, citizens can receive their documents either from KEP or the service to which it was addressed, or alternatively, they can be sent by post or courier to their address.

See all the latest news from Greece and the world at Contact our newsroom to report an update or send your story, photos and videos. Follow GR on Google News and subscribe here to our daily email!

Related Posts