The regional units of Ioannina and Serres were placed under lockdown as of Thursday morning due to a spike in coronavirus cases. They join two other Greek regions — Kastoria and Kozani — which were moved to level 4, indicating an area of increased risk, last week.
The measure follows Wednesday’s announcement of a record-breaking 1,547 cases of Covid-19 in Greece.
Among the measures taken are the mandatory use of masks both indoors and outdoors, an overnight curfew from 12:30 to 5:00 in the morning, a ban on traveling outside the regional unit and a ban on all gatherings in both public and private spaces.
In addition, the operations of the following are now suspended:
– Courts, Prosecutors Offices, Land Registry offices
– Archaeological sites, museums
– Live performances and other performing arts
– Film screenings
– Rehearsals and TV filming
– Nightclubs, bars, reception centers
– Music venues
– Restaurants (only take-away will be allowed)
– All sports
– Fitness centers
– Conferences / Exhibitions
– Amusement and theme parks
– Trade fairs
– Sunday markets and other markets
See all the latest news from Greece and the world at Greekreporter.com. Contact our newsroom to report an update or send your story, photos and videos. Follow GR on Google News and subscribe here to our daily email!