Here’s a traditional recipe fro the delicious Greek desert Halva with Semolina.
- 250ml sunflower oil
- 14oz – 400gr semolina flour
- 5lb – 700gr sugar
- 1 Liter water
- In a pot pour water (1lt), sugar (1.5lbs) and boil for 4 minutes.
- Let stand until it reaches room temperature
- In another pot pour sunflower oil (250 ml) and add the semolina (14 oz). We stir on the fire for about 10 minutes or until it reaches a golden brown color.
- Pour the syrop in the potthe semolina and we stir for about 10 minutes to absorb the liquid.
- Put the mix in a cake form and add powdered cinnamon on top.
- Enjoy the delicious Halva!
See all the latest news from Greece and the world at Greekreporter.com. Contact our newsroom to report an update or send your story, photos and videos. Follow GR on Google News and subscribe here to our daily email!