A traditional Greek appetizer, phyllo-wrapped feta cheese with truffle honey is easy to make and offers a delicious rich flavor.
2 blocks of feta cheese, approx. 350g/ 12 ounces
2 sheets phyllo pastry
2 tbsps sesame seeds
4 tbsps truffle honey
olive oil for frying
- Use a knife to cut one phyllo sheet in the middle, and brush egg white.
- Place the 2 halves of phyllo, one over the other, and in the middle, place one block of feta cheese.
- Wrap the block of feta with the phyllo pastry into a triangle.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours
- Start frying the wrapped feta cheese appetizer for 1 minute each side.
- Drizzle the feta envelopes with truffle honey and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Serve while still hot and enjoy one of the most delicious Greek appatizers.
Watch the video:
See all the latest news from Greece and the world at Greekreporter.com. Contact our newsroom to report an update or send your story, photos and videos. Follow GR on Google News and subscribe here to our daily email!