Calamos Supports Greece
GreekReporter.comGreeceGreek Gov't Announces Measures for Cephalonia Residents

Greek Gov't Announces Measures for Cephalonia Residents

Measures-for-CephaloniaThe inhabitants of the island of Cephalonia, Greece, will be exempted from the special real estate tax in 2014 and they will receive rent subsidies of up to 500 euros, depending on family status, and subsidies of up to 6,000 euros for destroyed household appliances, Greek government spokesman Simos Kedikoglou announced on Wednesday evening.
Following an inter ministerial meeting chaired by Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras to coordinate action on the island, Kedikoglou also said that 80 percent of building repairs costs will be subsidized and the remaining 20 percent will be covered by an interest-free loan.
He added that Infrastructures Minister Mihalis Chryssohoidis is the general coordinator of government actions to restore normalcy to the earthquake-stricken in Cephalonia.
The government spokesman stressed that bureaucratic procedures will be sidestepped and a vertical structure at each ministry will be coordinated by a secretary general, all of whom will be coordinated by government Secretary General Dimitris Vartzopoulos.
Chryssohoidis, exiting Maximos Mansion, attacked seismologists for spreading fear to Cephalonia residents by their comments, called them “earthquake prophets post-earthquake” and asked them to stop.
(source: ana-mpa)

See all the latest news from Greece and the world at Contact our newsroom to report an update or send your story, photos and videos. Follow GR on Google News and subscribe here to our daily email!

Related Posts