Greek company Mezolift is the first company in the world to have created a solar lift for small houses.
Owner of the company and creator of the advanced lift is mechanical engineer Mr. Yiannis Sachsamanoglou from Kilkis, who has worked for several years in the lift industry. Gaining the experience and having all necessary knowledge, Mr. Sachsamanoglou took lifts a step further into the future with this new and innovative product.
Μezolift is located in northern city of Greece, Kilkis, and employs only two persons. The solar lift was first presented during the International Expo of Thessaloniki 2011.
Until now, the solar lift is being used in duplex apartments or houses with 3 to maximum 4 floors. Its special design makes it ideal to fit even in the smallest of places.
Mr. Sachsamanoglou pointed out that the product’s dynamics are subject to evolve and improve. “Our aim is to create a lift to cover the needs of people living and working in bigger apartment blocks”.
A the moment, a solar lift costs 12.000 Euros, while another 2.400 Euros is required for the installation.
“There are many people, who are using solar lifts today, but on electricity. This will change in time. Solar lifts are the lifts of the future and can save a lot of money and energy” pointed out Mr. Sachsamanoglou.
Technical features and basic advantages:
- It consumes 80% less energy than common lifts
- It works with 2 photovoltaic panels and 2 rechargeable batteries
- It can be used up to 30 times per day and can continue working without charging for 3days
- It can transfer up to 4 people or 300kg.
- No danger of being trapped inside it due to batteries’ energy.
- It does not need an engine room.
- It is a 100% environmental friendly lift.
- It may cost 12.000 Euros but the money are written off within the next 5 years (lower PPC bills)