The Concordia Summit will take place digitally this year, running from September 21st through the 25th.
The Summit, which brings leaders and innovators together in a non-partisan platform to analyze and provide solutions for current issues, was founded in 2011 by Matthew A. Swift and Nicholas M. Logothetis, a member of the Greek diaspora.
The mission of the summit is to bring together heads of state, leaders of NGOs and non-profits, and change-makers to tackle tough questions regarding today’s most pressing environmental, societal, and economic issues.
Themes covered in the five-day 10th annual Concordia Summit range from the upcoming U.S. Elections to the role of international sports in diplomacy and the personal development of athletes and children.
Many of the topics are framed through the current Covid-19 crisis, which has forced governments to fundamentally rethink aspects of society.
These topics include technology, its place in the workforce, accessibility to devices, and the internet; the environmental impact of lockdowns around the world, as well as world hunger and food security.
Additionally, the Summit will bring many voices together for conversations surrounding equality, equity, and human rights in the U.S. and worldwide.
This open discussion is necessary, especially considering recent Black Lives Matter protests after the murders of countless black people at the hands of police officers in the U.S.
The list of speakers for the 2020 Concordia Summit includes:
- Bob Woodward, Journalist for the Washington Post
- Ambassador Kelly Craft, US Ambassador to the United Nations
- Samuel Eto’o Fils Sr., President of Samuel Eto’o Foundation and football legend
- Barbara Humpton, President and CEO of Siemens
- Bernard Looney, CEO of BP
- Monica Ramirez, Founder of Justice for Migrant Women
- Herbie Hancock, Chairman, Herbie Hancock Institute of Jazz
- Kathleen MchLaughlin, Executive Vice President, Chief Sustainability Officer, and President of the WM Foundation, Walmart
- H.E Antonio Guterres, Secretary-General, United Nations
- Lisa Manley, Vice President, Sustainability, Mars Inc.
- David Rubenstein, Co-Founder and Co-Executive Chairman, The Carlyle Group
- Arpa Garay, President, Global Pharmeceuticals, Merck & Co. Inc.
To see a full list of speakers and more details, see: https://www.concordia.net/annualsummit/2020annualsummit/