Greek PM Kyriakos Mitsotakis announced a nationwide lockdown, starting Monday at 06:00 a.m., as health authorities confirmed that two more people died on Sunday, bringing the total number of fatalities to 15.
The number of confirmed cases in the country has jumped to 624.
All Greek citizens are ordered to stay at home, with exceptions allowed for the following situations:
Those going to work. Employees must have the following verification paper from their employer, specifying the times one is expected to travel to and from work. If they are freelancers, they must have a statement signed by themselves explaining where they are going and the time period they are expected to be away from home.
The second document must be filled in when someone goes out for the following reasons:
- Visiting a pharmacy or a doctor;
- Trips to supermarkets and other stores that remain open after the first restrictive measures were announced, such as bakeries, kiosks, etc.;
- Visiting a bank, if electronic transactions cannot be made;
- Visiting relatives in need;
- Going to weddings, baptisms or funerals, provided that such ceremonies take place among only close relatives who keep social distance;
- Exercising outdoors, provided that no more than two people can exercise or jog together. The same applies to walking a pet.
Each person must place an X on the specific reason for going out in the following document.
Alternatively, Greek citizens can send a free SMS to 13033 in this way:
X (number above-space-name&address)
All people who venture outside must have their ID/passport on them.
People returning to their permanent place of residence are exempt from the measure as they travel.