Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt married last Saturday at Château Miraval in France but where will the Hollywood A-listers honeymoon? Santorini might be the perfect romantic paradise, given the couple’s love for the Greek island that is just a short flight from Malta, where they are filming their new movie, “By the Sea.”
Hollywood’s most popular couple managed to keep their wedding a secret. The private ceremony took place in a small chapel and was attended by family and friends. Prior to the nondenominational civil ceremony, the movie stars obtained a marriage license from a local California judge, who also conducted the wedding ceremony in France.
The actors are set to spend the next two and a half months on the Maltese Island of Gozo, where they will costar in the appropriately titled film “By the Sea”, a romance that will also be directed by Jolie from her own script. Shooting is expected to begin in September, with the movie set for release next year.
Details of the ceremony have not been announced but Jolie previously admitted the couple’s children were going to plan the ceremony.
“They will, in a way, be the wedding planners. It’s going to be Disney or paintball – one or the other! We’ve got a lot of different personalities in the house,” she explained.
“They’ve got some strong opinions. It will be fun. That’s the important thing. When we do it, it will feel like a great day for our family,” she added.
Here are 5 reasons why it would make absolute sense for Pitt and Jolie to honeymoon in Santorini.
- The island has been described as the No 1 honeymoon destination on earth by countless international media.
- Santorini offers the most romantic sunset experience in the world!
- The couple has been on the island before and had a great time.
- Santorini is a short flight from Malta, making it easy for the couple to travel from and to their movie set where they will spend the next two months working.
- Pitt himself had told Greek Reporter “it is one of the most beautiful places on earth” (watch the video below).
DON’T MISS: The 5 Most Luxurious Villas and Suites in Santorini for Your Honeymoon Dream
See all the latest news from Greece and the world at Greekreporter.com. Contact our newsroom to report an update or send your story, photos and videos. Follow GR on Google News and subscribe here to our daily email!