UK’s PM Rules Out Return of Parthenon Marbles to Greece
UK's Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has vowed to protect the Parthenon Marbles from being sent back to Greece, saying they remain a “huge asset” to the UK, the Guardian reports on Monday. Despite a campaign to return the marble sculptures...
U.N. Chief Warns of ‘Climate Hell’ at COP27 Climate Summit
The world is on a ''highway to climate hell”, António Guterres, the UN Secretary General, warned at the COP27 Climate Summit in Egypt on Monday, stressing that the fight for a livable planet will be either won or lost...
Meet Akshata Murthy, the Tycoon Wife of UK PM Rishi Sunak
Rishi Sunak will be the next prime minister of the UK after Liz Truss' historical forty-four days in office and her resignation from leadership. By his side is his wife, Akshata Murthy, a fashion designer and millionaire. She is...
Rishi Sunak is the New Prime Minister in the UK
Seven weeks after losing to Liz Truss in this year’s first Conservative leadership contest, Rishi Sunak emerged as the victor on Monday. He is set to become the UK’s first British Asian prime minister at age forty-two, the youngest in...
Why Isn’t the UK Having an Election?
An election in the UK looks unlikely despite the fact that the ruling Conservative Party will soon decide on the third Prime Minister within seven weeks. After Boris Johnson and Liz Truss resigned, Rishi Sunak, former Chancellor of the...
Liz Truss Wins Race to Become New UK Prime Minister
Liz Truss will become Britain’s next prime minister after beating Rishi Sunak in the bitterly fought Conservative leadership contest. The foreign secretary, who won 81,326 votes (57.4 percent) of Tory members to the former chancellor’s 60,399 (42.6 percent) takes over...