Calamos Supports Greece

Oxfam

World’s Five Richest Men Doubled Their Wealth Since 2020

The world's five richest men have more than doubled their wealth since 2020, a report published over the weekend says. These billionaires’ net worth has skyrocketed 114 percent to a total of $869 billion after taking inflation into account, according...

Hunger Crises Caused More Deaths than Coronavirus in 2020

More people are currently dying due to famine than the coronavirus, according to a report released by anti-poverty organization Oxfam on Friday. 

Anarchists Target Athens Office of British Charity Oxfam

Members of Greece's anarchist group Rouvikonas (Rubicon) attacked the offices of the British charity Oxfam in Athens as the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are on a three-day visit to Greece. According to reports, ten masked people smashed...

Oxfam: 5,000 Refugees to be Moved to Mainland Greece

Although no official announcement has been made yet, NGOs working with migrants and refugees in the Greek islands say they have been assured that 5,000 asylum seekers will be moved to the Greek mainland. The government intends to transfer 5,000...

1% of People Own More Wealth Than the Other 99% Combined

A new Oxfam report, timed to coincide with this week’s gathering of the super-rich at the Annual Economic Forum in Davos, reveals not only some astonishing facts about wealth inequality in today’s world but shows that rising inequality remains...

Greece Among Top 20 in Nutrition

Experts of the global organization Oxfam America, rank Greece among the 20 best countries in the world to eat. According to the latest report published by the group working to right the wrongs of poverty, hunger, and injustice, Greece ranks...

Oxfam Says Greece In Dire Straits

The hunger-fighting NGO Oxfam has said in  report Greece is in a terrible state because of austerity which also warned that about 146 million Europeans, almost a third of the Continent's population, will be trapped into poverty by 2025...