- PHYLLO DOUGH 16oz / 450gr
- BUTTER 14oz / 400gr
- GROUND CINNAMON 1tbsp
- GROUND CLOVE 1tsp
- WALNUTS 10oz / 300gr
- ALMONDS 4oz / 100gr
- SUGAR 21oz / 600grSugar 600 g granulated sugar
- WATER 16fl oz / 450ml
- GLYCOZE 2oz / 50gr (you can substitute with honey)
- CINAMMOV STICK 2pc
- CLOVES 5pcs
- ORANGE 1pcs
For the syrup
- To make the syrup, place a pot over high heat and add the sugar, water, corn syrup, cinnamon stick, cloves and orange.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and stir. As soon as the sugar melts, remove from heat and set aside to cool completely.
For the filling
- Beat the walnuts and almonds in a food processor until they break. Place them in a bowl and mix them with cinnamon and clove.
- Grease a 35×25 cm baking pan with butter.
- Place 3 phyllo dough to make the base.
- Drizzle the phyllo with butter, Do not brush butter directly onto it.
- Sprinkle about a handful of filling over them.
- Spread the fourth sheet of phyllo dough, directly in to the pan, just like the previous one, making sure it is covering the filling.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Sprinkle a handful of filling over it.
- Repeat the process phyllo – butter – filling but save 3 phyllo dough.
- Add 2 of the 3 remaining sheets and spread the final sheet nicely over the top, covering the whole pan.
- Pure the rest of the butter on top of the baklava.
- Place the pan in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Take the baklava out of the fridge and cut it into desired shape.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160* C (320* F) for 2 ½ hours.
- When the baklava is ready, remove from oven and immediately pour the cooled syrup over it. Set it aside to soak up all of the syrup and cool.