U.S. President Barack Obama visited Greece shortly before the end of his term. His personal photographer, Pete Souza, was there to capture his every step.
Souza follows the president wherever he goes since the day he became the official White House photographer. As he has said in an interview, before he accepted the post, he had asked permission to be with the president at every moment, even during private moments or unofficial talks between the U.S. leader and his staff, or with other political leaders.
The photographer believes that this would be the only way to capture the real Barack Obama. And, as his work shows, he has achieved that.
In Greece, Souza captured the U.S. President during his official obligations and during moments of relaxation. His pictures would make a captivating album of the last presidential trip of Barack Obama.
- Greek Defense Minister Panos Kammenos welcomes the U.S. President to Greece
- Barack Obama talks with President of the Hellenic Republic Prokopis Pavlopoulos
- During the press conference with Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras
- President Obama arrives at Greece’s presidential mansion
- President Obama during the national anthem in the official dinner in his honor
- The toast at the official dinner in his honor
- With the dancers of the Lyceum Club of Greek Women
- With Dr. Eleni Banou at Erechtheion
- A tour of Parthenon
- The U.S. President admires the Acropolis
- The U.S. President and his guards leave Acropolis
- With director of Acropolis Museum, Dimitris Pantermalis
- A Tour of President Obama at the Acropolis Museum
- President Obama asks about the ancient Greek alphabet
- President Obama admires the sculptures exhibited
- The president holds a baby girl during his visit to the U.S. Embassy in Athens in honor of its staff
- The U.S. President speaks about democracy at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center
- The Greek prime minister escorts the U.S. President to Air Force One for his departure