Extramarital affairs have traditionally been considered male domain, however, a recent study by the Andrological Institute of Athens found that women are just as likely to be unfaithful as men. A study of 2,000 participating couples found that 78 percent of the women have extramarital affairs, compared to the 84 percent of male cheaters. The two-year research also investigated the reasons as to why women commit adultery, as opposed to men and came up with a list of Top 10 causes of female infidelity.
- Women choose who they go to bed with, challenging the myth that the man is the hunter and woman is the prey. She controls her desire and the desire of the man she is with.
- During ovulation women are hard-wired to cheat due to her natural sex drive that makes her biologically ready to have sex.
- Women don’t just cheat, they leave for good. Men, on the other hand, cheat but usually return to the safety of their mother/lover/partner.
- Female infidelity is never a spur-of-the-moment thing to be taken lightly. Even when done for the wrong reasons it is calculated and well-thought out. Women think with their “heads,” which is why men become extreme and show Othelo-tendencies when they find out. Women, on the other hand, just turn their backs and leave when men cheat.
- Men feel emasculated when their wives cheat, taking female infidelity more seriously than their own “fooling around.” Men consider it a personal affront when their wives cheat.
- Women use cheating to punish their uninspired lovers who doubt their own divine nature. Medea wasn’t just a woman who was “cheated on” but a divine form that punished ungrateful Jason after all he had offered her.
- Women send a double message when they cheat. It is their punishment to men for being “bad,” but also keep them around for the sake of usefulness in other situations.
- Female infidelity has two parents. Its “mother” is “sexual wit” and its “father” is “eroticism.” In males, infidelity is an “orphan” with many possible reasons such as male rivalry, a need to prove their manhood, a conversation point in male bonding, such as when fishing or hunting.
- Female infidelity is full of passion and without mediation, whereas men see it as a poor copy of their own masculine and competitive nature with other men.
10. If cheating could be assessed, then women would pass with excellence whereas men would fail. Men are caught in the act, whereas women aren’t even suspected.