Calamos Supports Greece
GreekReporter.comGreece75% of Greeks Can't Afford Holidays

75% of Greeks Can't Afford Holidays

tourism_greeceA nationwide survey conducted among 791 people by the General Consumers’ Institution of Greece, INKA, from June 2 to June 14, with the method of telephone interviews, showed that almost 75% of Greeks cannot afford holidays.
The survey showed that more than 75 out of 100 Greeks are not planning to go on summer vacation in 2014. The reasons are financial problems (75%), income instability (15%), professional obligations and other reasons (10%).
According to the survey, 40% of Greeks will make a short vacation, spending only 5 days for their holidays while a large percentage of Greek tourists will choose their hometown to spend their holidays. Figures showed that only 30% of Greeks will be staying in a hotel or rooms for rent while the remaining 70% will choose the house of friends or relatives.
During 2014, 40% of Greeks will spend 4 days for holidays, 25% will spend 7 days, 20% will go on holidays for 10 days, 13% will spend 15 days, while only 2% will spend 20 days on.
The reduction in holiday duration of vacation is mainly attributed to the economic crisis in Greece, the cuts in salaries, pensions and benefits, high unemployment and to the loosening of family ties both between parents and between parents and their children.
About 80% of Greeks prefer to spend their holidays by the sea while 20% prefer mountainous areas. Finally, the number of Greek tourists who will visit a country abroad has been reduced by 52%.

See all the latest news from Greece and the world at Contact our newsroom to report an update or send your story, photos and videos. Follow GR on Google News and subscribe here to our daily email!

Related Posts