Jetsetter.com, the world’s leading luxury travel site has announced the winners of its 2014 Best of the Best hotel awards. The choice was based on 15 categories of different criteria ranging from “Pampering and Romance” to “Pool Scene and Comeback”. Each category includes a winner and two runner-ups.
Two Greek hotels managed to win a place among the world’s best hotels. “Andronis Boutique Hotel” located in the Greek island of Santorini was a finalist in the “Romance” category and “New Hotel” located near Acropolis, in central Athens, Greece was a finalist in the “Style” category.
The Jetsetter.com team, consisting of 200 travel correspondents examined a list of 2,500 hotels across the world. Then a commitee consisting of senior-level editors proceeded with the final selection of one winner and two runner-ups in each category.
The winners are:
- Best Design: Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Best Comeback: Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City, Canada
- Best Hotel for Communing with Nature: Belmond Safaris, Botswana
- Best Nightlife: The Standard, High Line, New York
- Best for Foodies: Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, Oxfordshire, UK
- Best for Pampering: Lumeria Maui, Hawaii
- Best on the Beach: Grace Bay Club, Turks & Caicos
- Best Reward for the Travel Effort: Hotel Escondido, Puerto Escondido, Mexico
- Best Big City Sleep: Dean Street Townhouse, London, UK
- Best Business Meets Pleasure: Soho House Berlin, Germany
- Best for Romance: Sextantio Le Grotte, Puglia, Italy
- Best Style Steal: Mama Shelter Istanbul, Turkey
- Best-Looking Guests: Hotel Majestic Barriere, Cannes, France
- Best All-Inclusive: Blue Diamond Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Best Pool Scene: The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas