Calamos Supports Greece
GreekReporter.comGreeceThessaloniki: Family Loses House Due to Fire

Thessaloniki: Family Loses House Due to Fire

ambulanceIn Kordelio, Thessaloniki a family lost their home after a fire that broke out in the house at 4.15 in the morning.
The 5-year-old boy, his parents and his grandmother who were living in the house, soon realized the house was on fire and escaped. The grandmother and the little boy were transferred to hospital because of respiratory problems.
According to the Fire Service, the family had no electricity in their home for seven months and it is possible that the fire was caused by candles that the family was using.
It is rumoured that the owner of the house requested the power outage as the family wasn’t paying the rent.
The desperate father who saw his house burning without being able to do anything about it, pulled a knife and started threatening the people around him as well as the journalist and the cameraman who were there to record the incident.
There was momentary panic, but those who were calm managed to take the knife away from him and luckily no one got hurt.
According to data by the social services of the municipality, almost 700 families live without electricity.

See all the latest news from Greece and the world at Contact our newsroom to report an update or send your story, photos and videos. Follow GR on Google News and subscribe here to our daily email!

Related Posts