On the 23rd of November, United States Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS) will increase its fees for a number of immigration and non-immigrant related visa applications. Some visa categories fees will actually decrease.
The fee for Petition for Alien Relative will increase significantly from $355 to $420. The fee for Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) will decrease from $455 to $340. Applications fees for naturalization will remain the same at $595.
Three new fees will be established for:
• Regional center designation under the Immigrant Investor Pilot Program (EB-5);
• Individuals seeking civil surgeon designation (with an exemption for certain physicians who examine service members, veterans, and their families at U.S. government facilities); and
• Recovery of the USCIS cost of processing immigrant visas granted by the Department of State.
The full list of fees that will be reduced include:
• Petition for Alien Fiancé (Form I-129F)
• Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status (Form I-539)
• Application to Adjust Status from Temporary to Permanent Resident (Form I-698)
• Application for Family Unity Benefits (Form I-817)
• Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document (Form N-565)
• Application for Travel Document (Form I-131), when filed for Refugee Travel Document
Two citizenship-related fees will be eliminated for members and veterans of the U.S. armed forces who are eligible to file an Application for Naturalization (Form N-400) with no fee:
• Request for Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings (Form N-336)
• Application for Certificate of Citizenship (Form N-600)
Finally, the availability of fee waivers will be expanded to new categories, including:
• Individuals seeking humanitarian parole under an Application for Travel Document (Form I-131)
• Individuals with any benefit request under the William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008
• Individuals filing a Notice of Appeal or Motion (Form I-290B) following a denial of any application or petition that did not initially require a fee.